This course is for you who either have an existing idea you wish to exploit or for you who perhaps just haven’t recognized the perfect opportunity just yet. The entrepreneurship summer school is an action oriented and theoretically founded course in entrepreneurship. Together, we explore various stages of the entrepreneurial process from ideation to customer discovery to firm finance.
Our action oriented pedagogical approach coupled with an emphasis upon theory and reflection supports you throughout the process of learning. We believe this approach, places you as a new or nascent entrepreneur in a unique position to know how to be an entrepreneur, but also explore, understand and become informed about the reasons and the consequences behind your entrepreneurial activities and actions.
Each day during the course we will enjoy at least a half day participating in seminars, workshops and working on your own projects. During the course you will also participate in study and field trips as well as other cultural and social activities.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of the key entrepreneurship concepts.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the entrepreneurial process and business modeling
Skills and Attributes
- Be able to communicate, present and pitch your business ideas
- Demonstrate the application of the the course content in your own idea
Critical Judgment and Evaluation
- Demonstrate a consideration that your business idea has a well considered value proposition
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate various business ideas
Soft Skills Gained
- English presentation skills
- English business vocabulary
- Experience of group work
- Business idea pitching
- Business idea evaluation
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of Swedish culture
Cultural and Social Activities
Throughout your two week stay you will also enjoy a number of business, cultural and language seminars.
Course participants have the opportunity to get to know each other, Lund and Swedish culture through specially arranged activities such as Scandinavian dinners, city tours, hikes in national parks and a weekend-trip to Lomma and Copenhagen.