Here you find answers to the most common questions about the programme and the application process.
What are the career prospects of the programme?
The New Venture Creation track is designed to provide the tools necessary for graduates to start new independent businesses or to work in advisory roles to new venture start ups. It also gives graduates practical experience in research commercialization, as well as tools to proactively work in projects.
Within the Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation track graduates will acquire skills useful in positions such as project managers or a consultants dealing with innovative ideas and projects in established businesses and organizations. Other career opportunities include employment as a TTO manager.
- More information: Alumni – And then what happened?
How does the internship work? Do I need to find my own internship company?
To ensure the quality and suitability of the projects the companies are chosen by the programme director. The criteria for a company to become an internship company is that it should be both progressive, well-established and located in the region. The companies and projects are matched with the students’ background and interests.
- More information about the internship programme
The application process
How do I apply for the programme?
You apply via www.universityadmissions.se. All documents are sent there and handled centrally.
When can I apply?
The online application service opens in mid-October every year, and the deadline for online applications is mid-January. Visit University Admissions in Sweden for current application dates.
Can I send my documents directly to the university?
No, all documentation is to be sent to the University Admissions in Sweden:
Most documents can be uploaded through the University Admissions website, please follow the instructions on their website.
I missed the application deadline. Is it possible to submit a late application?
Unfortunately, we do not accept any late applications.
Eligibility and documentation
What are the entry requirements for the programme?
The specific admission requirement for the M.Sc. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (either track) is an undergraduate degree (Bachelor) of at least 3 years, 180 ECTS, and English B (advanced) language proficiency.
I have a Bachelor degree in Social sciences. Am I eligible for the programme?
The specific admission requirement for the M.Sc. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (either track) is an undergraduate degree (Bachelor) of at least 3 years, 180 ECTS, and English B (advanced) language proficiency. The degree can be any subject. Our opinion is that students with different academic background have much to benefit from each other.
How do I prove my English proficiency?
You can demonstrate your English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no section less than 5.5)
- TOEFL paper-based score of 4.5 (scale 1–6) in written test and a total score of 575; Internet-based score of 20 (scale 0–30) in written test and a total score of 90
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- A Bachelor’s degree from a university where English is the only language of instruction, according to the International Handbook of Universities and where the language of instruction is clearly stated in your degree certificate.
- A pass on English course B (Swedish upper secondary school).
I took an IELTS test in September 2011. Can I use those test results when applying?
Test results from internationally recognized English tests are valid for two years.
Why do I need to submit a Statement of Purpose?
The Statement of Purpose (SoP) helps us assess how well you are able to articulate your goals, motivations and thoughts regarding the programme. A well-crafted SoP, showing both a strong motivation and capacity for Master level studies (and the particular programme you are applying for) will influence the final admission decision.
- More information about the Statement of Purpose
I have not yet finished my bachelor degree. Can I still apply for the programme?
Yes, as long as the degree is finished by the start of the programme, you can still apply. An official document stating that you are likely to be awarded the degree by the start of the Swedish programme must be sent in with your application. The document must be issued through and certified by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office or equivalent of the institution.
- More information about qualifications pending
My Notification of Selection Results says that I have been “conditionally accepted” to the programme. What does that mean?
It means that there is something left for you to do in order to be officially admitted. It could be one or both of the following:
- If you are required to pay tuition fees, you must make the first installment before you can be considered officially admitted. You must be officially admitted before your application for a residency permit can be approved by the Swedish Migration Board. Your university will contact you with information on how to pay the first installment of your tuition fee.
- If you are not required to pay tuition fees, you have been conditionally admitted because University Admissions is waiting for you to submit some type of documentation. You should have received a message on universityadmissions.se, or contacted by admissions personnel. You should submit this documentation as soon as possible so your admission status can be finalized.