Dragons at the University is a competition where students from the Master's programme in Entrepreneurship, Venture Lab’s incubator and other students from Lund University gets the chance to pitch their business ideas for venture capitalists – the "Dragons”.
The project started at Sten K. Johnson Centre for Entrepreneurship in 2010 as a part of the Master's programme in Entrepreneurship, with inspiration from the television show Dragons Den.
Today all students from Lund University have the opportunity to take part in the competition Dragons at the University where you pitch your business idea for a jury of business angels.
You will have the opportunity to develop your potential business idea and practice presenting it, while meeting other entrepreneurial students and business angels. Since the start, more than 60 students have participated in the competition.
The competition ends with a grand finale in the University Hall auditorium with a jury of business angels, who evaluates and awards presentations and entrepreneurial ideas to a large audience.
(One of the previous year's inspirational speakers: Marianne Larsson from Teknopol AB).
- 7th March Kickoff at Venture Café at Ideon Agora at 16-18 about the Dragon process and the NABC method.
- 14th March, workshop for VentureLab teams and LU students to work on presentation for investors.
- 16th March workshop for master´s students in entrepreneurship to work on presentation for investors.
- 21th March Pitch practice at Pitchers Corner for VentureLab teams and LU students.
- 28th March at 9-15 semifinal at School of Economics and Management EC3:207.
- 3rd April, on request with timeslots for the final teams, practice on 5 min presentations at Ideon Agora Pitchers Corner
- 6th April at 15-19, final with the 6 top teams at University House Aula.
At the final the jury is looking at the trustworthiness, the potential of the project and rhetorical qualities of the pitch and will have a small sum of money to spend on their favourites after each presentation. An overall winner and the best presentation are selected to get prizes. For the Audience prize, we welcome you to join and to vote for your favourite team.
See the movie clip below from Dragons at the University 2015!